What would you pack to go on an adventure?
Mark and I are leaving soon for our honeymoon/one-year anniversary trip. We are taking a wine and adventure tour where we’ll have the opportunity to bike, hike, horseback ride, raft, and zipline our way through Argentina and Chile, as well as explore some of the amazing cities. We are so excited that we’ve already started making packing lists and began shopping for items we don’t already have.
It’s springtime down in South America so the temperature should be around 65 – 73 degrees, which is perfect for light layers. I still need to find a sturdy pair of lightweight shoes to wear while hiking – but I’ve been warned not to actually get hiking boots as they can be too heavy. Any recommendations?
I’ve been doing some researching on Pinterest for useful tips and tricks to make sure we bring everything we need, without overpacking (which I am totally guilty of on most trips!) Beyond the typical packing list items (underwear, toiletries, etc.) here is what we’ll be including:
- Pillowcases (why not sleep on your own and not wonder how “clean” the ones at the hotel are?)
- Laundry and shoe bags (to keep stinky things separate from clean things)
- A dryer sheet (to keep clothes smelling fresh and clean) – Buzzfeed #8
- Energy-packed snacks that won’t melt or get smashed (S’mores Luna bars are my fave)
- Empty water bottle to fill up after we get through security
- Earplugs (this may already be on your normal packing list)
- Neck pillows (it’s going to be a loooong flight!)
- Big scarf that can double as a wrap or blanket on the plane
Do you have any handy items that you have on your packing list? I’d love to hear about them and keep adding to my list!